Saturday, May 27, 2006

What it is to burn

So last night, after I saw The DaVinci Code and spent some quality time with my favorite ex-taru, I came home and logged onto my social shell, Hamburglars. They're a great group of people, and I love them all to death.

With the addition of the Xbox 360 to Final Fantasy, we've had a surge in members. I don't mind helping; in fact, I really enjoy adopting a newbie or two at a time and teaching them the ropes. I like running them to Jeuno for their first visit, getting them their telecrystals, yadda yadda yadda. It makes me feel like a good little red mage.

But when it comes to 13 new people asking the same questions over and over...I'm sorry. I gotta take a break. That's usually when I equip my Divine pearl and have an intelligent conversation for once.

At any rate, I logged on last night to find one of our long lost-and-found newbie members asking for help with the Blue Mage flagquest. It's completely soloable, by the way. But hey, that's alright...I need to do that quest too. I might as well help him out.

The quest took us all of 30 minutes. Cake. And it wasn't a bad flagquest either. Not as good as Dragoon's was, but it's hard to beat a good storyline.

Congratulations, I can now become a Blue Mage.

Thax u ;O

So I go home to Windurst, change to Blue Mage/White Mage, buy some lowbie gear and a leet bronze sword, head outside, and start whacking shit.

The first bee I attacked use Pollen as soon as it had 100 tp. "Neat!" I think to myself. "I'll probably learn that now, and then I can go change to a melee sub for more attack power. ^.^"

Slaneyder defeats the Bumblebee.
Slaneyder receives 50 experience points.

"Oh, that's okay. I heard this could take awhile. I'll be patient. ^^"

-0/10 Pollens later-

Starting to get getting irritated. Ten isn't a lot, granted, but I'd still like to learn it before the sun comes up. I'll keep going...might as well.

-0/30 Pollens later-

Seriously annoyed. Been at it for about an hour and forty-five minutes now...and still no spells learned. Another half hour, and then I'm done.

-0/43 Pollens later-

Punched my toon in the face, gave her the finger, and went to bed. Woke up the next morning, did some chores and read a bit, and decided that I was ready to try learning my Blue Mage spells one more time...

-0/56 Pollens later-

Seriously. What the fuck.

-0/64 Pollens later-

I've deteriorated to mashing my keyboard incoherently and drawing funny looks from anybody in East Saruta. Seraph has put a comment in his vent channel reading "0/100! Can she do it?!"

I'm 2.3 seconds away from becoming the Hulk and tossing winnebagos like bowling balls.

-0/83 Pollens later-

jkfld;sauiornewkle7a980-4321789-4321jkld;sayuhg.

-0/104 Pollens later-

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Redrum redrum. Here's Johnny.

-0/114 Pollens, 0/52 Foot Kicks, and 0/38 Wild Oats later...-

Fuck BLU. I've heard of seasoned convicts that would crack under this kind of pressure.

I'm going back to Red Mage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home